Monday, March 1, 2010

Next Appearance: Mooner's Birthday!

Our sonogram today was a little bittersweet. Mostly because it will be our last one.  But that is a good thing because it means that Mooner is healthy and all is normal.  But without any further ado (especially for you anxious readers)  here are the pictures of our baby boy.




And here are some of Mooner's stats:
    Weight - 2 lbs. 7 oz.  He's a big guy!
    Heart rate - 141 bpm
    Growth measurement puts him anywhere between 27 weeks 3 days and 28 weeks.  That puts his growth faster than my progression (since I'm technically only 27 weeks today). He had a growth spurt since last month!

I also want to thank you all for you prayers.  Everything the doctors wanted to double check turned out normal.  They were able to get all the view of his heart they needed, and it is looking good.  The kidneys checked out too, so he got a clean bill of health on that one.  And thankfully I got my own bit of good news. *Readers beware, this is a pregnancy semi-weird thing, so if you want to skip it, go to the next paragraph*  Last time I had a sonogram, the placenta was down pretty close to the cervix which was a little bothersome.  But, it traveled up the uterus, so there isn't any concerns about placenta previa, which means if all goes to accordingly, I will be able to have a natural birth.  Praise the Lord!

That's pretty much the update for now.  I have to go in for some lab work to make sure my blood work is good and that I don't have gestational diabetes. Just a routine thing, so nothing to worry about.
We're also pretty excited for the great pediatrician search.  We had a couple come highly recommended to us, so we are going to tour the office/interview the doctors next week.  I'm praying that goes well because it would be great to have this little guy taken care of once he's here.

Oh, and I guess there is one more thing. Keep an eye on the blog, because I want to try and post a video pretty soon.  See, Mooner has been kicking and boxing pretty hard lately, even to the point where you can visibly see my stomach move.  I haven't caught it on video yet, but I want to try, and I think that might be something fun for y'all to watch. :)

Another belly bump picture will be coming later. I haven't had the chance to get one today, but I promise it's coming soon.  And for those of you who have asked, still no outie... Oh well.  I'm sticking out far enough anyway. :)
Thanks again for your love and prayers. See you back here soon!

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! I have been praying and I had friends praying. I am so glad all is well. I love these new pictures you can see so much. He is definately a big boy and I think he is handsome too. I love all 3 of you so much!!! Thanks for the blog and pictures. Hugs and kisses from Grammy Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - that last picture looks like he's praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pics, they have so much detail from when you were born. What an answer to prayer that everything is normal and going so well. God is good to our babies too! I want to pick him up and hold him so bad!
    Mooner has some of you and Ryan in my opinion. That button nose is just like you at birth :D I love you all, can't wait for your belly shot! Love you all, Mamaw Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom's holding out for Mooner looking more like dad. I think I see alot of you and Ben. Soooo, we're thinkin you'll have a pretty cute baby either way. Just want him healthy!!! That's looking good too, so, we hurry up and wiat! Love you! Mamaw Becky

    ReplyDelete