Thursday, March 18, 2010

Testing, Testing

It seems like the biggest things I have to update on are test results.  Several of you have asked about them, and I'm sorry I've neglected the blog for so long.  Things have been semi-crazy, but in a good way. In any case, it has kept me away from my computer.  I don't want to keep you waiting any longer though, so here is what we have found out.

I went in to do my glucose screening a couple weeks ago. At my last appointment on Monday, my midwife said everything came back clear.  So, no glucose tolerance test (which is a follow-up to the screening if results are inconclusive) and no gestational diabetes for me. Hooray!
They were also supposed to test my blood for antibodies when I went in, but they ended up checking my liver instead with the blood draw.  So, I discovered I have a healthy liver. :)  I had to go back in to do another blood draw so they could check my anti-bodies, and I just went in this morning for a my RhoGAM shot.  (For those of you who don't know what that is here's the story)  I have Rh negative blood (laymen's terms - I have a negative blood type) and it's pretty likely that Mooner's blood could be positive since Ryan has a positive blood type.  This could be bad for both Mooner and I if our blood was to mix at all because my antibodies would fight him off.  RhoGAM is a shot that I get that will prevent my antibodies from doing that so that we're both safe and healthy.
So anyway, all tests (plus some) are clear. (And mom, because you've asked a few times before, my iron is also very good).

Mooner is healthy too. He's moving around a lot.  Here is a video. It's harder to see the movement on here than it is in real life, but I think if you look really closely near the end of the clip (like around 31-33 seconds) you'll be able to see a little bit of movement.


We got to hear his heartbeat again. It's been consistently in the low 140s, which seems like it's pretty normal. He's getting bigger too. I actually lost a pound which was a little weird, but nothing to worry about. My uterus, however, is getting bigger and is now 30 cm.  We're getting there!  Here's the most recent belly bump.

I was just thinking to myself the other day, "Holy cow, I only have 11 weeks left!"  It's hard to believe how fast this time has flown.  I remember being only 11 weeks into it.  Mooner is going to be here before we know it.  
Sometimes I wonder if we're ready.  Mostly, will the apartment be ready? Will everything be baby proofed like it needs to be?  How much stuff am I going to have to get rid of to make room for this little one?  Will I be able to keep up with all the new things that will be required?  
There's just a lot to think about. Really though, I couldn't be more excited to have Mooner with us. I know he's got a little while to bake yet, but I'm ready to meet him.  I hope you all are too. Just a few more weeks! So keep coming back for the last few "in utero" updates, then it's on to fun stories and pictures of our little boy. Can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait either!!! PS May is a great month to have a baby!! I was born the 3rd, my Nick was born the 6th, my brother the 1st and we were married the 23rd soo aim for one of those days ok!?

    ReplyDelete