Thursday, October 29, 2009

Olive Baby, You Love Baby

Whew! This last week has really flown!  I was visiting the blog yesterday and I looked down at the ticker and saw I was 1 day shy of 9 weeks.  It felt like I just put up the raspberry post.  I've been really tired, and I think fighting off a cold this week, so maybe all the sleeping has made it seem faster.  Who knows?

Anyway, I'm sure you're just anxious to hear the new fruit/veggie of the week, so without further ado:


We have olive week.  Baby Klein is getting close to an inch.  If you look at the size from last week, there has been some significant growth in the last 7 days.  What we're looking forward to this week is facial features beginning to develop.  So, if we were able to actually see our little one, it would look less alien and more human. Pretty exciting.  We're also far enough along now that we should definitely be able to hear a heart beat at our next doctor's appointment, which is coming up really soon!

A few things this week that have made the pregnancy more real:

  • A lady from our church gave us some baby clothes, and said that if we are having a boy, she'll bring LOTS more.  It kind of made me laugh.
  • That lady's daughter told me I was showing.  I really am not, I was just wearing an unflattering jacket at the time. It took both me and the mother to convince her I really wasn't.  It was kind of funny.
  • Almost every time I see someone from church, they 1) ask me how I'm feeling or 2) offer help in whatever their area of expertise happens to be.
I'm thankful to be surrounded by such helpful and generous people.  I have been a little overwhelmed by it at times.  I hope that's normal.  But really, I am grateful for it.  

Look for another post soon.  We have the dr. appointment Monday, so hopefully we'll find out some new, fun, and exciting things while we're there.  In addition, I promised my mom that belly pictures would go up after each dr. appointment, so perhaps there will be something to look at besides fruit. (Although don't be disappointed because I'm really not showing yet)  

As always, thanks for stopping by and for loving us and Baby Klein.

3 comments:

  1. why is it a green olive and not a black olives...i like black olives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive the baby too. Thanks for the post, it is so awesome being able to follow the growth of Grammy Jaymes precious angel. Ryan the baby can be a black olive if you want it to be(my fave also) geesh son. Keep us informed. Love yall so much
    Grammy Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the updates. I think it's rather funny that the veggie is an olive, Rachel's favorite. Rachel remember the olive you ate a long time ago. Yum Yum. I am glad you have all kinds of help. It makes me glad since I can't be there. Love you mommy and daddy. have fun with this time.

    ReplyDelete