Monday, October 19, 2009

Klein Crib

It's probably much too soon to look, or maybe not. I'm not really sure because I've never done this before.  Anyway, Ryan and I have been looking at cribs.  My word, there are SO many things to consider.  Things like safety, drop down sides, does it "grow" with the child...all these things.

After a day of searching, we think we found one we would like. I'm a little sad I can't find any reviews on it, but maybe you all can help give your opinion.  Here is the crib we are looking at. It's the Sorelle Tuscany 4 in 1 crib.


Don't be alarmed.  This picture shows the crib as it converts to the toddler day bed, but as a crib it does have the 2 high side rails.

The features we especially like:
  • It converts (eventually) into a twin size bed, so it "grows" very well with the child.
  • The changing table comes with it with fairly decent drawer and shelf space.  Also nice, when the bed gets to be the twin size, the changing table detaches and can be a nice little night stand.
  • And generally, we just really like the way it looks.  The cherry finish is very pretty, and the shape just looks curvy (no dangerous edges) and well done.
But, like I said, I have not been able to find any reviews on this product.  So, I'm especially looking for opinions from moms (or dads), because you probably have a good idea what to look for. :)  I would appreciate your thoughts on this product, or maybe you know of something even better that you might recommend.  We've got plenty of time, so we're not in a rush to purchase.  In any case though, any help that can be offered is much appreciated.  Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. We have a 4 in 1 crib and love it! I highly recommend the book "Baby Bargains"-it is a book on just about every item you need, with parent and safety reviews used to rate the products. It goes by brand, so maybe that brand is in there. I can't tell you how many times I referenced that book when I was pregnant-I'm pretty psychotic about reviews and safety ratings! Feel free to message me with any questions you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Janet's Dad. Since I began to be a parent waaaay back in the dark ages, reviews and ratings were unknown unless Consumers Report happened to choose your brand, or it was recalled. The crib looks nice. I like the fact that the bed is not too high, because baby Klein will climb out of it and will fall. Remember that drawers will always become a mountain to climb and so you need to make sure that 25 pounds hanging from the top drawer fully extended does not topple the drawers. Have fun shopping and planning and celebrating for these next months. When Baby Klein arrives, time to revel in each other and in TIME will be no more. Celebrate the life you know is growing, pray for that baby and for the people God will bring into his or her life. And pray that God brings to your baby a friend as good as you have found in Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the Baby Bargain book comment. My neighbor let me borrow her copy and it was very helpful. I used a lot of their suggestions when we were outfitting our nursery and getting ready for Luke, and I haven't been disappointed yet with any of the recommendations or products we got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all congrats!!!! :)

    Secondly, I know I'm not a parent but when I was little, my crib was right next to the changing which was really nice for my parents but they had to be careful. When I was suppose to be "napping" I really wasn't napping. Instead I was grabbing stuff off the changing table. I got caught one day eating the Crisco that I got my hands on. Mom took some pictures, I'll have to post them on facebook for you sometime. But my point is, be careful what you leave at the changing table. If there is any way that your child, baby, toddler or older can get a hold of it make sure to move it! Or else it might get eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bed. No corners, low to the floor and CHERRY wood, my fave! I don't know much about the safety issues these days, but it looks quite safe to me. Hope you get what you love for Sweet Baby Klein! Love you! Gradma T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't looking at all the things you will need for your baby exciting?!!

    Here are a few comments I have regarding the nursery furniture.
    1. Changing table: *This changing table is shorter than the standard changing table. May or may not be a problem for you. *Not sure if you are both right handed or not but this table would last longer if you are left handed - (Most right handed people find it easier to change a baby with the baby's head at their left...The only exception I know to this is my husband!) The higher end of the changing table would cause your baby's feet to be in an awkward position as they grow - if you are right handed that is! *The changing table becomes a ladder into the crib...and being that this one is attached it would be harder to deter climbing into the crib....probably wouldn't be a problem until you had more children as the older children would use it to climb into bed with the baby!

    2. Crib - *I don't have much to add, but I will say I love having drop down sides. Great when you are pregnant with subsequent children, as you don't have to reach over as far...it can become difficult as you grow. It has also proved helpful for my mother-in-law who is shorter as she is able to lower the side and lay the girls' down.
    *I love that the crib can grow with the child but there are a few things you and Ryan should also be thinking about, or at least considering: 1. How many children do you think you will have? 2. How far apart do you want your children? In all likelihood, God willing, you will have multiple children and probably with in 20-36 months apart. So although the crib grows it would not be used in it's full capacity until your last child.

    If you have any ?s feel free to send me a message on facebook. I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete