Friday, October 16, 2009

Fruit of the Week

It has been unintentional that both blog titles have had something to do with food. It's kind of funny how that worked out though.

Anyway, I found this really cool thing at thebump.com which helps you keep track of the baby's size week by week by using common fruits and vegetables. I thought I would share the baby's size with you all as things go by. At least until my tummy starts showing. But that will be a little while off.

So, when I first found out I was pregnant, the baby was about the size of a poppyseed. Very tiny. In just three weeks, Baby K has grown to the size of a blueberry!


Maybe this is nothing new to some of you, but as a first time mom, I'm very excited to see how much this little life is growing inside of me.  And it is pretty amazing how much I can tell that little one is there already.  You couldn't tell it by looking at me, but I can sure feel it!

That's all we've got for now. We'll keep you updated on the new fruit or veggie each week, and just other things in general.  There will probably be much more to report on as the time keeps going, so if you haven't already, please click the button below to follow the blog.  And thanks to you who already have. It's fun to see other people getting excited about our little one.

Oh, and one more thing.  In honor of this being baby's blueberry week, if you see a blueberry, please offer up a prayer for us and the baby. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Rachel! Being a parent is wonderful! I loved following the fruits while I was pregnant. It's so crazy to think that something that starts out the size of a poppyseed ends up being a real, live, baby!

    I'm on thebump too. I hang out mostly on the 6-12 mo. board, attachment parenting, and baby names. anyway, i'm sunnyday016 :) what's your bump name?

    Hope you're feeling well!

    ~Jen gienapp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    Nice hearing from you. I've enjoyed keeping up with you and Sophie on facebook. :) I'll have to look for you on thebump. I haven't been on there too much so far, but my username is the very original RachelKlein. :-P Maybe I'll see you on there sometime.

    ReplyDelete