Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In Love with the Lemon

Today, Ryan and I had our coolest prenatal appointment ever!  It was supposed to be for first trimester screening; basically to test for any chromosomal defects the baby might have.  In any case, it meant I got to have an ultrasound done, which meant we got to see Baby!

When we got to see "Mooner" (to be explained later), the ultrasound tech took a measurement and decided the little one was actually too big to be able to be tested.  But, she also determined that the most accurate place to put my progression is at 14 weeks and 2 days.  This also moves the due date (unofficially) to May 31st.  Officially, it is still June 3. It's only a few days difference, and I'm sure Mooner will pick the right time to come anyway.  We will just see what happens.

Now, to explain Mooner...
While the ultrasound tech was moving around, she decided to go for a 3D picture, and this is what we got.


She said that was the clearest picture of a baby's backside she has ever seen, and she does lots of ultrasounds! We got a good laugh out of it, and so for now, we're calling the baby, Mooner. :)

This was the only 3D shot we got. Mooner was moving around too much to get many more clear ones, at least in 3D.  But she did capture some other pretty fun ones that I'll share with you.






There are a few more on facebook if you want to check them out, but these are the best, I think.

It was so incredible to finally see our little baby.  Hearing a heartbeat is one thing, but this is just kind of magical. Unfortunately, I can only show you still shots, but we got to see Mooner kicking the little legs.  We got to see the heart beating as we heard it.  It was so incredible to watch this precious little one moving around.  I could have stayed there all day.  As it is, I can barely stop looking at the pictures.
We have another ultrasound appointment in about 6 weeks when we'll get to find out the gender.  I just can't wait to see Mooner again!  It's seriously like falling in love.
There have been times I still haven't felt like this pregnancy is really real, but I don't think I can ever feel like that again.   It's really exciting.

Just a few other things to wrap up.  We had a dr. appointment on Monday.  Baby is healthy, and growing well.  The heart rate has dropped to 140 beats per minute, which is good.  It's supposed to get a little slower as Mooner grows.  That's about all we found out, but it's good to know things are going smoothly.

Belly pictures will be coming soon, but they won't be nearly as fun as these.  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine what you and Ryan are feeling because just seeing the pics of this angel has mad me cry, laugh and smile from ear to ear. I didnt have ultrasounds with Ryan but I did with Sarah and it was awesome and I too fell in love with her then and there. Right now I am in love with Mooner and you and Ryan have mad me the happiest grammy in the world. Thanks again for sharing.

    Grammy Jayme

    ReplyDelete