Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Time with Mooner

Well things have been a little crazy, but I figured I should update considering we're in a new week and all.  Actually, I think it's been a couple of weeks since I updated.  So if you missed week 16, we had an avacado (makes me crave guacamole a little bit).  And at week 17 we're onion sized.  Mooner's getting big.

I've had quite a few of you calling or writing asking how the baby is doing.  And as far as we can tell, Mooner is doing fine.  We haven't had an appointment for awhile, so we haven't heard anything new.  But, I've been feeling well, taking my vitamins and all that jazz. So I would guess Mooner is doing well also.
It's actually been interesting, there have been a couple nights now that I've been laying on the couch and every once  in awhile I'll feel a muted sharp poke in my lower stomach.  I know that sounds weird, but it's the best way I can describe it.  I'm not sure, but it's possible that little poke could be Mooner moving around letting me know he/she is in there still. :)

I know Mooner won't know anything about Christmas 2009, but it's been kind of fun.  He/she has already received a package!  What a spoiled kid this one's going to be. Receiving gifts even before birth.  In preparing for a short term guest, my mind has been more on cleaning and from there, getting the extra bedroom ready to be transformed into a nursery.  It's going to have to double as a nursery/office area, but I think we'll be able to get it worked out so that there will be plenty of room for both.  Nesting is kind of fun once it gets going.

Just a few small updates for you all.  We'll be traveling to and in Texas from December 26 - Jan 1, so prayer for safe travel would be much appreciated.  Once we get home and into a new year, I'll have a check-up on Jan 4.  Hopefully on that day, we'll also schedule our 2nd ultrasound, which will be at 20 weeks.  This means that, providing that Mooner cooperates, we'll be able to answer the question He or She!  We're very excited about that, so we're praying Mooner will be a good little baby and give us a good look. :)

Exciting things coming!  It's hard to believe that we're just a few weeks away from halfway through.  It's crazy how fast this is flying.  Sometimes I feel like I'm behind where I should be, but hopefully that's just me thinking too much.
Updates will be coming soon. Until then, have a very merry Christmas as you celebrate Jesus, the most precious baby born to us. And a blessed new year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment