Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Starting Month 6

Wow! I cannot believe that I am starting my 6th month.  Where has this time gone?  Unfortunately for this post, I don't have an updated "bump" picture.  I guess that just means I'll have to update again much sooner. :)

In honor of reaching 6 months, I'm just going to do a different and fun format that one of my friends has done with her blog.  I won't do it all the time since it is her idea, but I thought it would be fun for a milestone kind of thing. So without further ado, here is the most recent update on Mooner and me.

How far along? 23 weeks, 2 days
Due Date:  May 31, 2010
Total weight gain/loss:  12-15 lbs. (I know that's kind of weird, but it really depends on when I weigh myself.  At the dr. though, the consensus is 15 lbs)
Maternity clothes?  Some days I wear them, some days I don't.  Thanks to Bella Bands that my mom got me for Christmas, I can still get into my jeans if I want to.

Sleep: It's getting harder.  I like to lay on my back alot, which isn't really good at this point. I find myself waking up a lot, or tossing and turning. Also, I've been getting some leg pains that make it a little difficult to sleep too.  I've heard this will prepare me for when Mooner is here, and he probably won't be letting us get much sleep then either.  ;)  
Best moment this week: Hearing Mooner's heartbeat.  Still gets me every time.  Also, I'm pretty sure we've decided on a name!  (But we're not going to tell you yet.)
Movement: Lots of moving.  I feel him a lot after meals when I'm just sitting around, and surprisingly, almost always when I wake up. It's like he's kicking me out of bed so I'll go get him some food. :)
Food cravings: I think I had my first real craving (as I had the urge to go get it since it wasn't in the house) Pepsi and bananas.  It was only a one time thing though.  I haven't had really any strong or lasting cravings.

Food aversions: Again, can't really think of anything.  If I didn't like it before, I still don't really like it.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: None so far. Hope it stays that way for at least a couple more months!
Belly Button in or out? I still have my innie. Ryan teases me about it, but I'm really looking forward to the tell tale pregnancy sign of an outie.  Maybe this month.
What I miss: Things caffeinated.  Mostly chai or sweet tea.
What I am looking forward to: an outie belly button. :)  Also, things like baby showers, getting our crib, and getting the nursery all ready for Mooner.  
Milestones: 6 months! We're almost 2/3 of the way there.  He's just growing a lot now. Oh, and after my next dr. appt, we'll be moving up to appointments every 2 weeks instead of monthly!
Other: I feel like there is a lot to do in preparing for Mooner. We're going to start interviewing pediatricians soon, taking hospital tours.  It's kind of dizzying to keep up with everything, so I just hope we're getting it all done.


Also, just in case you haven't yet seen, we're up to papaya week, with Mooner's face fully formed. And I'm pretty sure he's over a foot long now.  This little guy is just growing away.  
Just a few extra things, then I'll be done.  We went in for a check up on Monday.  Mooner is healthy.  The midwife measured my uterus at 24 cm, which is on the big end of things for this week, but still normal and good.  He has a heartbeat of 148 bpms which is also healthy.  All is going along smoothly. I've been feeling really well even though sleep and getting bigger slows me down a little.  
I do have to say that sometimes it's hard to believe that it's a real little baby growing in me.  It's just something really incredible that I've never experienced before.  I'm just excited for when I can hold my little baby boy in my arms instead of in utero. :)

6 comments:

  1. So exciting!

    I see in your poll to the right that you *might* be interested in cloth diapering? If you have any questions, you can ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I have considered it, at least maybe later along. A cool alternative I've see are the "g" diapers. You might have seen them, but I think I might give them a try if I decide to go the cloth way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some motherly advice. For those oh so annoying leg pains get a heating pad or an electric blanket you can wrap around your legs. I know you may be hot but honestly the heat helps your legs. I was in Virginia Beach 80 outside and I was still in love with my heating pad. Tony swears still today I loved my heating pad more than him. LOL. Also, my theory on an innie verses an outie: and outie means your done (or almost done in some cases) referring to a "bun in the oven". I love your blog, and thanks for the inspiration. By the way didnt realize till last night but now your mom has "moon" and "star" between the two of us. :) By the way your mom is going to mail you a book from me I really think you will enjoy. Have fun and keep us updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so loved following along with this and seeing how you are doing:) I love baby stuff:) Boys are so much fun (and imo, easier than girls), and the moment that you hold him, no matter how much labor sucked or how tired you are, that will be the best moment of your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, It is exciting to read about how you are doing through this experience. What a blessing. And I agree with Shaula, boys are easier than girls in many ways, but still a challenge all to themselves! I am sorry you ar not sleeping, and yes, it does prepare you for when they are born. There is not much sleeping after that, for many years! Can't wait to see the next "bump" picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for healthy baby boys! Hurray for bella bands that keep you from buying lots of clothes. Hurray for innie belly buttons (btw, I never got an outie, so you may not either) As for cloth diapers, you and Ben and Kevin wore them when I was a stay at home mom. Much better on the diaper rash! But I had a service bring them and take them to wash them. No head in the toilet for me, sorry, just couldn't do it. Thanks for the wonderful update. I can't wait to be there in MAY!!! Gma Becky

    ReplyDelete