Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heartburn, anyone?

So my story for the last 2 or 3 days is horrible indigestion.  I've heard that hairy babies cause this.  So, if this kid comes out bald, I'm not going to be a happy camper.  (Ok, ok. I'm only kind of kidding)
But just so you know it's fair (Mom), I've been getting it no matter what I eat or drink...and yes, that includes water.
Oh the joys of pregnancy. I just have to keep reminding myself of the fantastic little miracle we'll be receiving when I can't sleep at night because my chest is on fire.

On another note, I was reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" today, specifically the Labor and Delivery section.  I have to say, I'm a little bit terrified.  In my head I know everything is going to be ok, and millions of women have gone through it.  But still...  I'm just praying it will go relatively fast.

So these are my pregnancy thoughts for the week (so far). It's really not all bad though.  I still love the feeling of Mooner kicking me.  I love that my husband puts his hand on my belly from time to time to feel his son.  And I really love that God has been so good to us through this gift of a little baby boy.  It really makes all the not so fun stuff completely worth it.

6 comments:

  1. For the heartburn try Zantac, any strength, I think I have 150. It works great and is perfectly safe for you to take. Tums also works for right away.

    Have you decided what kind of labor you want to do, like drug wise and whatnot? I had an epidural with both kids and it worked differently both times. This time I plan on just getting something through my IV, hopefully it'll work lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Shaula. I'll probably check out the Zantac or something because it's really not fun having heartburn in the middle of the night.

    As far as labor, I'm hoping to go as natural as possible. I would like to not have to do an epidural, but I guess we'll see how things go. I'm not totally opposed to it, so if I really feel like I need one, I'll probably do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, that was exactly my labor plan too. We were able to walk the halls for a few hours, which really helped ease the contractions and bring the baby down. By the time I asked for an epidural (after they made me lay down because they broke my water) it was too late for one and I ended up doing it drug free! It hurt, but it was all so amazing. I wished I had read some books on natural labor though! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey I went natural with Ryan up to the point that they had to do an emergency C-sect then went total natural with Sarah. It hurts but it is worth it. Now for the bad news!!! With Ryan I was in Labor for 54 hrs it wasnt fun!!! Sarah was 14 Hrs. I will pray for easy Labor and easy Delivery of my precious grandson!!!

    As for the heartburn I was told to use Mylanta and Tums. Check with the Midwife before you take anything. You may need to sleep at a more elevated level with more pillows under your head that helped when I was pregnant with Ryan.

    Love ya
    Grammy Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel baby, I really hate to say "I told you so..." Bwahaha but...I told you so. Yes WATER. But here is a spiritual method given to Timothy to help that may be of help to you too. I Tim. 5:23 "Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach..." I was reading that today and with your blog I'm ROF all over the place :)
    Mylanta, the fruity, chewy type were what I used for you three, and like Jayme, kept my head elevated on pillows to keep my tummy lower than my head. It helped.
    Jayme is right, ask about drugs, it seems the docs are ALWAYS changing their minds about that's "safe and not safe" anymore!
    My labor was 4 hours or less for all three of you and Grandma Myles was the same, let's hope that slow poke 54 hours for Ryan won't repeat itself Whew! And you're right...it's ALL worth every little ache, pain, burn, or whatever. Love you. Mamaw (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel. I had Tristin the all natural way. I was VERY lucky. I was only in labor with him for 10 minutes. No joke it went that fast. Chris and Jordin where both c-sections, but this time I am trying natural birth again. Tristin came out so fast I had no time for ANYTHING. I did tear in 3 places. Word of advice: practice saying enopisiotomy (sorry cant spell, its where they cut you so you dont tear). I couldnt think of the word, and lets just say it didnt end good. A birth story to make you laugh? When I was in labor with Tristin and he was crowing, the doc said "I can see the head", and the nurse said "come on Delores push I want to see that sweet little baby" so I said to the nurse "well get down there and look then". Just thought I would get a laugh out of you. Well, have a nice trip cant wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete