Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Movin', Groovin' & Growin'

Just a quick update so you don't have to wait until next week.
This has been a fun week, as I've felt Mooner moving around quite a bit.  Sometimes there's kicks, other times rolls, and a few other things that I'm not totally sure what it is.  Unfortunately for Ryan, he has not yet been able to feel anything, but at this rate, I think he will soon.

In other news, this is melon week (a cantaloupe that is).  Mooner is about 6 1/2 inches long and about 10 oz if he/she is like the average baby.  However, by the beginning of week 21 (which is next week) Mooner will grow 4 inches and gain 2 oz!  That's some pretty significant growth. I can hardly believe it!  But, being that Mooner will grow that much, we're hoping that means we'll be sure to get a good look at the baby when we go in for our ultrasound next week.

In other fun news, Ryan and I went to our first parent-y thing. Babies R Us had this baby shower event with free give aways and such on Saturday.  Ryan was a good sport and decided to go.  He even won us a duffel bag by being the fastest person to diaper a stuffed lamb. But I promised him I wouldn't make him change all the diapers just because of his stellar performance.  :)  And although I didn't win, I did a 4 oz bottle chugging contest and got to keep the bottle.  (Chugging from a bottle is much more difficult than it sounds.  Sore jaw, anyone?)
Anyway, we had a pretty good time, and walked away with quite a few free and fun things for Mooner.

I finally got to making a side-by-side collage of my belly bump shots so far.  It's kind of funny that the 19 week picture looks bigger than the 20 weeks, but I think it's just the shot.  I definitely didn't get smaller.  Anyway, here you have it


I'm definitely getting bigger. But I have to say, I've never been so excited to gain weight and have a poochy tummy. It's a great reason though.

One week till we find out Mooner's sex!  We can't wait, and we're looking forward to sharing the news with you.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed that you looked bigger in 19 too - I think it has to do with the picture being taken a little closer up front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ryan all the practice with Sarah when you were younger really helped. You look amazing Rachel. Yes you look smaller but it may be that Mooner was laying in a different place too. I used to love to watch and feel Ryan and Sarah move. Love yall bunches,
    Grammy Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! :) Rachel, congrats! I'm 10 weeks... my first ultrasound is Tuesday and I'm super excited! I can't find a spot to follow your blog... Will you let me know if you out the 'followers' back on your sidebar?

    ReplyDelete