Monday, June 28, 2010

Growin' On Up

Ian is 5 weeks and 1 day old now. I can't believe it!  Time certainly flies.

Here's a picture of our little guy at 1 month.
At 1 month old, Ian was 11.8 pounds and 22 inches long.  He's definitely getting bigger, and giving me a workout whenever I hold him. :)  He's getting stronger though too.  He's holding up his head so well. You can see it in the picture.  
He's starting to grasp things too.  The other day, Ryan was changing his diaper, and Ian reached out and picked up the bottle of hand sanitizer that was on the changing table.  He usually gets a pretty good grasp on our shirt collars too when we're trying to put him in bed.  It's like he doesn't want to go to sleep or something...

Speaking of sleep, things are going pretty well most nights.  He's gotten to the point when he will sleep for about 4 hours at a time.  On Father's Day, we started putting him in the nursery for the night instead of in our room.  It was kind of a rough adjustment for me at first, but I'm getting used to it.  I think it helps both him and Ryan & I sleep better.  And I now know that I can definitely trust our monitor.  Actually, I have learned that I can trust Ryan to hear Ian on the monitor, go to the nursery to get him and bring him in to our room so I can feed him. :)  It's a pretty good system.

We're having lots of fun as he grows up though.  He sat in his Bumbo chair for the first time today. He did so well!  See for yourself...



Hopefully I will be better about posting on here. With family here and just getting adjusted to having a baby, I haven't wanted to spend a whole lot of time on the computer, so I haven't.  But now with a new video camera (thanks again, Dad) hopefully we'll have some fun videos to post. And of course there will be lots of pictures.

We created a site on Shutterfly that I can upload all my pictures and videos of Ian to. If you want the website, please leave a comment or contact me and I will give you the site and the password.

Oh, and the nursery is done now. Dad helped get Ian's name on the wall. (I had them painted a few weeks ago, just never hung them up.)  I will do my best to get pictures of that up soon.

So there you have it.  Our boy is growing away.  I keep telling him to slow down, but he doesn't listen. :)  It's ok, we still love him.  And actually, we are really enjoying watching him grow, but it really is going by fast.

2 comments:

  1. A month really goes by fast doesn't it!!! crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the posts and the videos and everything. Grammy doesnt feel like I am missing too much. I cant believe it was a month ago when we got there. unreal. I miss yall bunches, kepp up with the blogs and videos and pics. Ian is such a precious gift from God!!!
    Grammy Jayme love him with all she is!!!

    ReplyDelete